Thursday 1 December 2016

Thursday Tips - Create Matte Lips Without Using A Matte Lipstick

 So it's that time of the week again for me to share my Thursday Tips with you. Today I'm talking about Matte Lips, as it's one of the hottest beauty trends around and one that doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Matte lips are my favourite simply because they last so long and there is usually little to no transfer plus all girls know the struggle of long hair and glossy lips on a windy day!
There are so many brands of makeup that offer matte lip products, however I find most of them very uncomfortable on my lips, now bare in mind my lips are constantly feeling dry and flaky no matter what I use. So I decided to try something to achieve my own matte lip products, and it works wonders for me and feels much more comfortable than most matte lip products I've tried. 

So I start off by lining my lips with any lip liner I have and then filling in my lips with liner, once done I took whatever lipstick I have, at the moment my fav is the Catrice lipstick in nude-tastic, and use that all over my lips. Once done and I'm happy with the shape and even-ness of my lips I go in with a small brush and the Essence Translucent Setting Powder and lightly set my lips until I'm happy there not sticky anymore. This works so well for me, and it lasts super long! Plus it means I only need to purchase one lipstick and I get two different looks. Super handy, and perfect for anyone who finds other matte lip products drying and uncomfortable. 

I hope my little tip is useful for those of you who'd love to rock a matte lip but struggle to find the right products. Let me know if you found this helpful and indeed if you've any other tips of your own! 

Thanks for reading, 

Catherine X 

No comments:

Post a Comment