Tuesday 29 November 2016

How I Became A Nail Technician


Hello everyone! So today I'm sharing how I became a Nail Technician with you all, especially for those of you thinking of a similar career. I've always been a typical girl, loving makeup, fashion, tan and of course nails. After FINALLY leaving my job as a waitress after four long years I really wanted to try something I loved and felt passionate about. Makeup artistry was something that came back to mind time and time again but let's face it those courses are hella expensive so I wanted to start off with something less expensive. I googled nail courses but wanted to find something close to where I lived, that's when I stumbled across Leah O'Neill on facebook, check her out here .She's a Nail Technician based in Navan Co Meath and trains on behalf of Young Nails. 

After a lot of things getting in the way of starting the course I finally did. The first day of the 3 day gel course, we were presented with our lamp and starter set for gel nails, it was really fun getting to grips with all the products and starting to apply gel nails. For the first 2 classes we concentrated on smile lines, which is a French manicure basically. I had to complete a certain amount of gel applications during the week and time myself on each section of application. I'm not gonna lie it was hard at times and a pain in the arse as it took so long. The price of this course was €550 which I thought was reasonable for how thorough Leah was and helpful. 

When booking the gel nail course we also got the ManiQ color course free, which I think normally costs €199. This basically shows you how to apply gel polish to fingers and toes. Once I had completed this day course I returned to Leah a few weeks later for her Nail Art course, this was €50 and she just went through the most popular designs with me and how to use different nail art brushes. I definitely enjoyed the nail art end of nails the best, it's super fun putting creative designs onto nails and people loving it! 

So my plans for 2017 is to do the Acrylic conversion course, which will teach me how to use the acrylic products and I believe acrylic nails are a bit more popular than gels. Been a Nail Technician is definitely fun and I love getting to show my creative side with the nail art, any of the girls from Young Nails that I've encountered are all so lovely, down to earth and helpful! 

I hope you enjoyed this insight into how I became a Nail Technician, of course if there's anything you'd like to know that I haven't answered drop me a comment. 

Thanks for reading X 

Catherine 

No comments:

Post a Comment