Thursday 13 October 2016

FIRST IMPRESSION/REVIEW : Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation

Hi guys! Today I'm doing a first impression/review on the well known Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation. I say well known, as the majority of people who love makeup have either heard of it or tried it out, and from what I hear you either love it or hate it. This foundation is best known for its staying power and full coverage. The Double Wear is marketed as a medium buildable, lightweight, long lasting foundation with SPF 10. As I've oily/combo skin I was particularly excited to try this out, so I picked up a tester in the shade 'trawny'. 
 
I applied my primer as I always do, using the Catrice pore refining mattifying primer. I then doted the foundation around my face, the foundation is thick in consistency but it blended out really easily. I was surprised at how much foundation it took to get a full coverage finish though. Once set the foundation looked incredible and pretty flawless, everything went on top of my foundation so smoothly, there were a few breakouts peeking through still but it didn't enhance any fine lines or pores anymore than any other foundation. The foundation had little to no transfer and a matte finish. As it contained SPF 10 I done a flash test, there was no flash back from this foundation so I'd have no problem wearing this to an occasion or night out. 
before, just after application, and once my makeup was finished 
I applied this foundation at 2pm and wore it for an ashonishing 11hours!! Yes, not taking it off til 1am!! It really lived up to what people were saying about its incredible staying power. I only powdered my t-zone once and that was after 8 hours wear, the foundation stayed put throughout kissing, eating dinner and having a few drinks, which would normally make my foundation fade around my mouth, especially the kissing! It didn't fade anywhere at all and the colour was a perfect match for my fresh fake tan. A lot of people have said this foundation is heavy and cakey but I didn't find that at all, but then I don't mind feeling my foundation on my skin. 

I'm so happy with this foundation that I'm planning on purchasing the lightest shade and the shade trawny so that I can have a shade to match me at every stage of my fake tan. I seriously don't know why I didn't try this product out before. You can pick up the full size product for €40* or a sample size in Arnotts or Brown Thomas or purchase online by following the link here

Have you fallen in love with this foundation? Leave your thoughts in the comment section or share your favourite foundations, I'd love to hear from you! 

Talk to you soon X 

Catherine 

*price at time of blog posted 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I wish I'd of tried it sooner, would of saved a lot of shiny moments :)

      Delete