Tuesday 8 November 2016

FIRST IMPRESSION/REVIEW : Essence Camouflage 2in1 Makeup & concealer

Welcome back. 
 
So today I'm reviewing the newest product to the Essence range, it's their Camouflage 2in1 Makeup & Concealer Foundation. This foundation promises to provide a long lasting high coverage matte finish to the skin with no mask effect. The foundation comes in a handy 30ml squeeze tube for easy application. I picked up this foundation from my local pharmacy, McNallys for €4.80* but it can also be bought in most other pharmacies and Penneys stores nationwide. 

So I started as I always do by priming my face with the Catrice Pore Refining Primer. On the back of this tube it suggests to apply the foundation with a makeup sponge, so I'm using my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge to see how it goes. So first off the consistency is thick but creamy. It blended out perfectly into my skin and the colour matched my pale complexion perfectly, I got this in the shade 10 ivory beige. I was a little disappointed that I had to use so much product however to get a good coverage, some of my bigger breakouts were still visible but in fairness they're practically the size of my head. The rest of my makeup blended really well on top on the foundation. 

So I had applied this foundation at 11am and wore it until 11pm that night. I was really surprised at how well this foundation lasted over the 12 hours. It had settled into my frown line between my brows, melted off my nose a little were I had been rubbing it, it did slightly cling to dry areas and spots and my oil had come threw but like for 12 hours I am impressed! I didn't touch up my powder at all during the day so a little touch up of powder and concealer and I would of been fit to keep going! For such a good price this little foundation is incredible. Granted it didn't look as good as some of my more expensive ones but it would be perfect for everyday wear. As I struggle to find a foundation that matches my paper coloured skin *yes I'm giving tanning a wee break* properly I have to stay I'm amazed such a cheap brand has a foundation this light. 
before / right after application / once my makeup was done 
I would definitely give this foundation a 4/5, taking marks off for the fact I was expecting the coverage to be a tad bit better. All in all this is a great beauty bargain, definitely go out and get it! 

Let me know if you've tried it and what your thoughts on it are! Also please follow my blog to keep up to date with my posts and if that's not enough you can get me on Twitter, here

Talk to you soon x 

Catherine 

*price at time of blog posted 

No comments:

Post a Comment