Thursday 24 November 2016

Thursday Tips - Tanning Hands & Feet

Happy Thursday to you all! Today I'm sharing another beauty tip, this time it's a tanning tip and one I hope will help you out when it comes to tanning the harder areas to get right - the hands and feet! There is nothing worst than extremely badly tanned hands and feet as it gives away a self tan job a mile off! But yano we've all been there.

So what I've be doing for years and find it always gives me the nicest tanned hands and feet is using an old foundation brush for the job. I find it applies the product so much more evenly and of course working with a smaller tool means you can be more precise in the application. So I make a claw hand shape and put a small amount of tan onto my mitt and dap my brush in it and tap off the excess product onto a clean area of the mitt, once that's done I start to apply the tan with the brush in circular movements starting from the wrist and gradually moving closer to my knuckles then I'll give each finger a coat. Sometimes I might even go back in with a second light layer depending on how dark my overall body is. Once both hands are done I will carefully wash the palms of my hands and my fingers with a dap of fairy liquid and water to ensure no tan transferred onto these areas! No one wants orange palms now!! My feet are done the same way, blending the tan from my ankle into my foot for a natural gradient. 

To make sure my hands remained tanned for as long as my body I'll pat my hands dry after washing them instead of rubbing as of course the rubbing action will lift the tan off the hands much quicker. If you're finding that your hands aren't staying tanned long enough compared to your body, top them up using a tinted moisturiser for a natural effect. Also another little trick is to apply a clear coat of nail varnish to the nails as tan can stain the natural nail yellow especially if you're a regular fake tanner.

So those are my tips for tanning the give away areas of our bodies! If you found this post helpful please drop me a comment and follow my blog! And if you've any little tips and tricks of your own please do share as I'd love to try out new techniques. 

Thanks to reading X

Catherine 

No comments:

Post a Comment