Wednesday 5 October 2016

FIRST IMPRESSION/REVIEW : PS PRO Foundation

Hi guys! So today I'm doing a first impression/review on this PS PRO Foundation from Penneys (Primark) which I picked up for €6.00*. This foundation is labelled as a longwear mineralised foundation with vitamin A and E, SPF 15, that smoothes the appearance of imperfections and moisturises the skin with a natural finish and weightless feel. 
 
So I began by priming the left side of my face with the pore refining mattifying primer by Catrice, to see if a primer made the foundation last longer or apply smoother. So the first thing I noticed about this product is the scent from the foundation, its quite perfume-y which I'm not a huge fan of. Applying this to my face the foundation consistency is a little bit tacky and thick but blended out really easily on both sides. I certainly loved and was shocked at how well this foundation matched my paper coloured skin, as I picked it up in the shade porcelain for when I'm not fake tanned. Once blended out I was worried as my whole face looked quite shiny and as I've oily/combination skin I was sure I would be battling the shine all day, but once set with powder it looked perfect and had no transfer. It also had poor coverage, a lot of my breakouts were still very visible even though I tried to build up the product. 
 
I wore this foundation for 8 and a half hours during that time, I only had to powder my tzone once but it did turn ugly on my chin just a few hours after application along with clinging to dry breakouts I have and then started to fade pretty much everywhere. More of my breakouts were visible. However I feel this foundation might work with a really good mattifying primer and heavy duty concealer which I will certainly try. I give this foundation a 3/5, as the colour match was incredible and surprisingly I wasn't as oily as I thought I'd be. 

Hope this review helped you out if it did please give it a like and follow my blog to keep up with my new posts. Leave your thoughts on this foundation if you've tried it in the comments and I'll talk to you soon! X 

Catherine 

* price at time of blog posted

No comments:

Post a Comment